Throughout our history, United Way has done extraordinary work to improve people’s lives and build strong communities. With our focus on community impact, United Way has a key role to play in advocating for good public policy. Without community input, our priorities in Education, Income and Health will lose critical government policy and funding support.
Join us and advocate for an Education, Income, Health or nonprofit strengthening issue that you are passionate about. Your community needs you to have an impact on public policy decisions. Advocating in your community does not simply mean lobbying on a specific piece of legislation.
There are many ways that you can advocate. See below for ways you can make a meaningful impact in your local community.
Learn more about how to be involved in Graduation Matters Click here
- Become a Grade Level Reading Hero Click Here
- Best Beginnings Council Work Groups Click Here
Learn how your community ranks in academic attainment, income stability and health. Use the United Way Common Good Forecaster, a powerful online tool that lets people see for themselves how improving the education level has a positive impact on several key economic and social measures.
- Help promote a positive community change. Join us on Facebook.
- Read more about our complete Grade Level Reading Plan, Granduation Matters Plan, and Best Beginnings Plan
- Advocate for suppport of our Montana 211 Online directory of services for people in need of information or assistance.
- Support our Annual Campaign. Join the movement!