United Way of Yellowstone County is teaming up with Family Promise for our annual Diaper Drive to benefit the Community Diaper Bank. The Community Diaper Bank, housed by Family Promise, helps to distribute diapers across Yellowstone County. Along with holding their own distribution days, Family Promise distributes diapers to AWARE, Young Families Early Head Start, Love Inc., Helping Hands-Hardin, and the Pryor Diaper Bank to be distributed to their clients.
The UWYC diaper drive is the largest drive for diapers to help meet the ever-growing demand for diapers and wipe assistance. In the last six months, diaper need has increased from 226 families to 497 families more than doubling the need. With the elimination or decrease in government assistance, such as SNAP and MERA benefits, it is anticipated that need will increase by three times in the next year.
Our goal for this year is 50,000 diapers! Please join us in reaching our goal and helping to stock the Community Diaper Bank!
Drop-off is April 20th from 11am-3:30pm at the United Way office, 2173 Overland Ave.
There are a variety of ways to help!
1. Donate diapers or wipes during our drop-off date on April 20th.
2. Sign up to host a collection drive with your company, organization, friends, community group, etc. Sign-up here.
3. Make a monetary donation. Through partnerships with suppliers, the Diaper Bank is able to purchase 3 diapers for the cost of 1 store bought diaper. Make your dollar stretch by making a monetary donation to the Community Diaper Drive. You can make an online gift below or mail checks or cash to United Way of Yellowstone County 2173 Overland Ave. with Diaper Drive in the memo.
4. Use our Amazon Wishlist to send donations directly to us via Amazon. The list can be found here.
4. Spread the word! Help us get the information out about the drive and encourage participation!