To improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of the community.
United Way of Yellowstone County is the primary community-building organization in South Central Montana. We provide leadership to effectively mobilize people and financial and strategic resources to improve people's lives. We identify and address the community's priority needs and provide solutions that achieve measurable results and sustained community change.
To STIR is “to cause someone to feel a strong emotion and a desire to do something.” We strive, daily, to STIR action in our community to provoke improvement for all.
- Service-Oriented: We listen, respond, and experience joy in serving our community.
- Transparency: We practice clarity and honesty in our communications, relationships, and actions.
- Integrity: We are true to our mission and accept responsibility for our activities and decisions.
- Respect: We embrace humanity and the community, and value diverse experiences and perspectives.
United Way of Yellowstone County engages and inspires communities to create a shared vision for the future and set goals for collective action that produce positive results and improve lives.
- We inspire others to LIVE UNITED - to give, advocate and volunteer.
- We encourage volunteer and community involvement on priority issues.
- We actively involve diverse groups who represent the community.
- We utilize many community resources to implement strategies and achieve meaningful results.
- We encourage philanthropic investments to achieve our goals and vision.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI)
Diversity, equity and inclusion are vital to achieving the mission of UWYC, living our values, and advancing the common good. UWYC is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within its own organization and the community. UWYC affirms the essence of all individuals including the realities, background, experiences, skills and perspectives that make each person who they are.
UWYC aspires to involve every segment of the community in every aspect of our work, to act in ways that respect the dignity, uniqueness, and intrinsic worth of every person, the community, the donors, our own Board members, staff, volunteers and representatives, and believe in a movement built from the rich diversity and gifts of all people in all systems.
Volunteers, employees and persons served by UWYC shall be selected in a manner to promote diversity, equity and inclusion and entirely on a non-discriminatory basis with respect to race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, sexual orientation, veteran-status, familial status, or socio-economic status.
UWYC recognizes that in order to effectively engage our community, staff, volunteers, donors and community partners to achieve our community impact goals, we must embrace the diversity of the communities we serve. Our culture, recruitment, partnerships and other business practices demonstrate inclusiveness.