Alternatives used Go Grant funds to purchase iPads and educational apps for Mothers erolled in the Passages program to interact with their child(ren) during visists.
- Alternatives believes that public safety is improved when prison inmates and other offenders are reintroduced to the community through structured programs
- Treatment services
- Assistance in locating employment
- 24-hour a day supervision
- Case management.
- The Passages Program, located at 1001 South 27th Street, offers services to female clients.
- This facility houses the pre-release center, assessment/ revocation/ sanction center, and inpatient treatment center and has a capacity of 175 bed spaces.
- Work toward re-unification with their families and childrenis equally as important as re-introducing women to the community.
- The process begins that visitation with their children.
- Positive visitation sessions are encouraged through the use of iPads and educational apps
- Moms work together on their children on school projects.
- Empower the mother to feel she is part of their childrens' education
- Re-establishes trust and positive relations