United Way of Yellowstone County’s traditional Day of Caring event has been re-imagined for 2020 as Caring in Action. The changes are being made in consideration for the safety of all participants and in light of the circumstances faced by companies and potential project sites because of the COVID-19 pandemic.
What is Caring in Action?
- Caring in Action is a series of opportunities that will be offered to companies.
- Opportunities are broken down into three categories to help companies easily narrow down ones that will fit their needs best
- A number of opportunities will provide flexibility to allow a company to schedule a time that fits best for them.
- Caring in Action projects will be announced as opportunities arise allowing for responsiveness to emerging needs.
How Does a Company Participate?
To participate a company will sign-up by completing the Caring in Action participation form below identifying a Caring in Action Coordinator. Communications and links to opportunities will be sent to your designated point of contact.
Caring in Action Coordinator Duties:
- The primary volunteer engagement point of contact between your agency and UWYC for volunteer engagement communications, sign-ups, or participation in opportunities.
- Receive and distribute communications and information to appropriate and/or potentially interested employees.
- Make certain any signup requirements needed for company participation in projects or activities is organized and completed.
- Participate in a brief orientation to Caring in Action and company coordinator responsibilities.