CARE Academy Tuition Assistance Program
It is the mission of United Way of Yellowstone County's CARE Academy to make the program affordable for all. Based on available resources and tuition assistance eligibility, United Way of Yellowstone County will provide financial assistance to families who attend Billings Public Schools and Laurel Public Schools. United Way of Yellowstone County provides tuition assistance based upon need through an application process. Limited funds for tuition assistance for the CARE Academy Program are made possible through the generosity of those who contribute to our annual campaign.
Tuition Assistance Best Practices:
United Way of Yellowstone County will provide tuition assistance for CARE Academy to qualified applicants based upon the following criteria:
- Applicants qualify for assistance based on total gross income and household size.
- We must have all income for all adults living in the household.
- Applicants must be employed or attending college during operational hours of CARE Academy.
- Tuition assistance will automatically expire at the end of the CARE Academy school year.
- A new tuition assistance application is needed for Summer CARE Academy camps.
- The amount of tuition assistance being offered will not exceed the resources of United Way of Yellowstone County.
- All financial and tuition assistance information is confidential.
Online applications must be submitted on or before the 15th day of the month for consideration of tuition assistance the following month. Tuition assistance will not apply to a past due balance on your account.
All supporting documentation must be uploaded on this application. This includes a copy of your most recent Federal Income Tax Return, which verifies household size and proof of total income and copies of your most current employment pay stubs for the last four pay periods.
All documentation must be submitted by the deadline in order for the application to be considered complete. Applicants will be notified in writing as to the amount of tuition assistance by the first day of the month. Co-pays are due on the 10th or the 20th of the month. Failure to make a co-payment will result in the suspension of child(ren) from CARE Academy.
Applicant's Rights & Responsibilities:
- I understand that any CARE Academy tuition assistance that my child(ren) receive is subject to the availability of funding, to the continuous income eligibility of my family, and to any policy decisions of United Way of Yellowstone County.
- I understand that I have a right to have my eligibility for tuition assistance determined in a timely matter.
- I understand that I have a right to equal treatment as other applicant/recipients who are in similar situations.
- I understand that I have the responsibility to report fully all circumstances affecting my application and falsification of any information in this application will be grounds for termination of tuition assistance.
- I understand that if United Way of Yellowstone County needs to contact my employers, I hereby consent to the release of information concerning my income and work schedule.
- I understand that I have the responsibility to report any changes in my circumstances which affect my eligibility.
- I understand that I have the responsibility to pay a monthly tuition co-payment for my child(ren) to attend CARE Academy in accordance with the tuition assistance program and tuition fee schedule. If I fail to pay the tuition co-payment, or fail to make satisfactory arrangements, I will lose eligibility for tuition assistance.
- I understand that my child is required to attend at least 80% of the time or I may lose eligibility for tuition assistance.
I hereby affirm that my application for tuition assistance with CARE academy is accurate and correct to the best of my knowledge. I give permission for all financial and employment information related to my application to be released upon request to the United Way of Yellowstone County representatives. I understand that I must periodically re-apply for tuition assistance and that my eligibility will be re-determined at that time.